Event Day Zone Parking Proposal
Currently the EDZP is going to a public hearing. Once the Community Council has any further information it will be published.
On the 9 December 2016 we received notification from Glasgow City Council that they were commencing a process to implement event day parking controls. These parking controls were to apply to the area around Ibrox Stadium during football games and major events, and would take in the whole Dumbreck area. The target implementation date was July’17 and the first step, public consultation took place in early January’17.
Communication after the public consultation was sparse with eventual confirmation coming in June’17 that the proposal was on hold pending further discussion and consideration after the August’17 recess. Pressure was apparently being applied against the scheme from other quarters. Local councillors pushed unanimously for implementation and confirmation was obtained that the proposal would move ahead with the proviso that the zone would be increased to include the whole Craigton area. A revised timescale was issued with a proposed implementation date of June’18.
In January this year it was announced that the implementation had, once again, been put on hold. Confirmation was obtained that the proposals would continue with a revised schedule and implementation date of September’18.
We have been advised that the revised Schedule is:
- Complete Equalities Impact Assessment
- Carry out initial consultation with professional road users. Local members and Community Councils will also be forwarded this information.
- Write the Statement of Reasons associated with the Traffic Regulation Order
- Write the Report which gives a fuller explanation to the reasoning behind the Traffic Regulation Order
- Draft the Traffic Regulation Order
- Carry out the publication of proposals by placing an advertisement in the Evening Times and displaying on-street notices on all affected roads.
- Documentation will be made available to view by the public and the proposals will be open to a 4 week objection period.
- Acknowledge all objections.
- Consider all objections.
- Respond to all objectors.
- Allow a 3 week period to withdraw their objection.
- Produce a briefing note summarising the nature and number of objections for the Executive Director to view.
- Ask the Executive Director to approve the Order under the Council’s Scheme of Delegated Functions.
- Get the Order signed and sealed.
- Advise all objectors that the Order has been made despite objections.
- Commence a 6 week period to allow for a Court of Session challenge to the Order.
- Commence physical works on site.
- Continue physical works on site.
Ultimately this is the best solution to the ongoing parking issues and it is important that that all residents of Dumbreck take a positive position of support. We anticipate that non-residents that park here will organise many objections. We will provide a pro-forma letter to assist in the response from residents – please lodge this or your own letter to support. Further details and a regular update will be available via the website – www.dumbreckcc.org
We are close to a solution but need the support from everyone to make this happen!